Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Garden Stake Signs

Well, this may be my last post for 2010...unless, I happen to get a dose of inspiration (and free time) to make something before the new year. You just never know when creativity will strike.
That said, here are the Christmas signs that I made just recently. Unfortunately, I started these a little too late, so I was only able to make a few. This could possibly be the easiest (and most inexpensive) gift to make for someone and what a great gift...one that can be used year after year!


All that is needed: wood - cut into 12"-16" slabs, stakes, paint and brushes. The wood can be purchased from The Home Depot...cheap and they'll cut your wood for free! You can find the paint and brushes at Michaels. I used Craft Smart Acrylic Paint. They have every color you could imagine and each bottle only costs about 50 cents. If you don't already have paint brushes, I'd suggest going with a good brand...not the BEST brand, just a good brand. They can be somewhat costly, but it's so worth it. You'll find painting to be much easier and the results to be much nicer with a good brush.





That's all I've got for now. Merry Christmas, everyone! May LOVE, JOY, PEACE & LAUGHTER be with you now and continue throughout the new year. xoxo!

P.S. - Thank you, Lori for giving me the idea to make these and for the time spent together "crafting"...SO FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment