Friday, October 22, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Owls, letter stamps, scrapbook paper - put these together and you have some cute handmade cards!


Why buy cards when you can easily make them? And just think how much money you'd save if you did. Before I started making my own cards, I was spending at least $20 (or more) a month at the Hallmark store.
All you really need to make your own are: scrapbook paper, plain colored cardstock, letter stamps, ink pad and a little bit of creativity. All these items, minus the creativity, can be purchased at Michaels.
I created the owl on these cards by first drawing it out and then creating a template with the parts (body, belly, eyes and nose). I cut the pieces out and glued it together. It was a HOOT! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Sweet blog! I'll stalk...ahem...follow you!

    ReplyDelete